Training your dog is very important and here are some tips to keep in mind before you begin:
- Have a clear picture in your mind of the specific behavior you want.
- Never train when you are tired or in a bad mood.
- Make sure your commands are clear, concise and consistent.
- Always expect the best from yourself.
- Always expect the best from your dog.
- Patience is a virtue.
- Don’t give up. Be tenacious.
- Use a happy voice to motivate.
- Be a fun person to be around.
- Remember you and your dog are a team, but you’re the leader.
“As a professional dog trainer I interact with all different breeds and ages of dogs. My training philosophy is positive and playful and I use lots of treats. I’ve come to rely exclusively on Pampered Pet Treats. They appeal to all kinds of dogs and I can use them whole or break them into several pieces for small dogs or young puppies. My clients are picky about what they feed their pups and love the natural, wholesome ingredients in Pampered Pet Treats and that they are made in the USA. I love that I can put them in my pocket and not worry about stains or ruining whatever I’m wearing.”