Rainy days are bummer for everyone and having to keep your pet indoors for an entire day is nothing short of exhausting because you will need to find alternative ways to keep your pup entertained. When dogs get bored, they tend to create chaos inside the home when they are not involved in activities that occupy their attention. To help with this, we’ve comprised a list of seven activities that you can do with your pet to keep him or her entertained during the wet season.
1) Search and Sniff: Try hiding some treats around your home to set your dog off on a sniffing adventure. Your dog will be occupied for hours trying to find all the hidden treats around your home. The more difficult you make it, the longer the game will last.
2) Schedule a Puppy-Play-Date: Invite over some furry friends over to play indoors and to keep your dog entertained. Make sure you supply plenty of balls, chew toys, or whatever else is necessary to keep them busy and tire them out.
3) Play Hide and Seek: Enlist the help of a family member or friend to keep your pet busy while you go and hide. You might try leaving a trail of treats behind and tell your friend to command your dog to find you after a few minutes. This is a really fun game that will keep you and your pooch busy.
4) Paw Print Paintings and DIY Wall Art: This might get a little messy, but getting creative with your best friend is something you’ll remember in the days to come. Gather some construction paper, paint trays, and some non-toxic water-based paint. Organize all your supplies on a wood or tile floor that is easy to clean afterward. All you have to do is guide your pet’s paw into the paint and then start making paw prints on the construction paper. Get creative and leave to dry. Try frame your artwork for creating a finished look and keepsake. These mementos will surely be cherished.
5) Catch the Ball: Clear out excess furniture from the living room or hallway and grab a ball to start an interactive game of fetch with your pet. While finding space indoors might be difficult, this game is definitely worth the trouble.
6) Kong Ball & Interactive Feeders: Clean all of your dog’s toys and feeders before the start of the wet season because you will surely need them on a rainy day. Kong Balls are great for hiding treats and interactive feeders and puzzles are a great way to keep your canine occupied and challenged for longer periods of time. In addition, many dog trainers suggest freezing the Kongs with peanut butter, yogurt or a treat. This will also keep your dogs busy for longer periods of time and it's especially good for puppies that are teething.
7) The Hol-ee Roller: The Hol-ee Roller is a great toy for dogs that love bigger toys. Your dog will fetch, toss and play tug of war with this rubber, open-design ball and it’s versatile for all kinds of interactive play, enhancing playtime for both pets and pet parents
These games will ensure that both you and your pet are thoroughly entertained on a rainy day while being stuck indoors with nothing to do. Also, this can be the perfect opportunity you need to spend some bonding time together or creating new memories.
At Pampered Pets USA, we know you consider your pet to be part of the family and want nothing but the best for them. We are here to provide you with accurate and updated information that will help you give your furry friend a healthy and happy life.
Author: Michelle Anastasio-Festi
Photo Courtesy: Decor by the Seashore